What is T.E.A.C.H?
T.E.A.C.H. is a research based comprehensive strategy to educate and retain
early childhood practitioners, positively impacting outcomes for the children in
their care. T.E.A.C.H. is a proven effective strategy thorough its use of four
key elements: Scholarships, Education, Compensation and Commitment.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® TEXAS provides scholarships for those working in
licensed child care centers and registered or licensed family child care homes
in Texas. The goal of T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® is to help address the need for
a well-qualified, fairly compensated and stable workforce.
Currently, T.E.A.C.H. Early Childcare® TEXAS is available to those who meet the following general requirements:
- Work a minimum of 30 hours per week;
- Make less than $15.00 per hour;
- Work in a child care center or operate a registered or licensed family child care home licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protected Services Childcare Licensing Division;
- Agree to take 9-15 hours at a community college in Texas over the period of one year (if applying for the associates degree Scholarship);
- Agree to a time commitment to your sponsoring center or to maintaining your family child care home. For center-based and family child care recipients‚ this is one year after the contract year; (for CDA Scholarship recipients‚ it is 6 months.)